Friday, February 24, 2012

Man On Fire, Braun Cleared, Pizza Fail

Watching the Hawkeyes in the first half against Wisconsin was like going back in time. That's the way Iowa used to score, and the way Carver-Hawkeye Arena used to rock. It felt like a big night for the future of Iowa basketball...

Matt Gatens wants to play in the post-season in the worst way. He's doing his part. Thursday night, Gatens had one of those special performances where you call or text your buddy to make sure he doesn't miss it. Gatens finished the win over Indiana with seven straight threes, and added another five in a row against Wisconsin. 12 consecutive three-pointers is difficult in a gym with no one else in the building. Gatens did it against two top 25 teams---on Matt Gatens bobblehead night no less...
Man on Fire.
I have many people asking if the Hawks win out, will they make the NCAA tourney? If Iowa wins the next three, the Hawks finish with 10 Big Ten wins in, arguably, the strongest conference. That and a win or two in the Big Ten tourney should at least put Iowa on the bubble. I don't see it happening, but at least it's possible. NIT is the pick here...

Ryan Braun wins his appeal and MLB releases a statement that it "vehemently disagrees with the decision". Keep in mind, that's MLB saying it believes the NL MVP should be suspended 50 games---not exactly a PR bonanza. I don't know if Braun took performance enhancing drugs, but I do know Major League Baseball strongly believes he did. Braun had a good attorney, found a serious flaw in the testing delivery, and used it to win his appeal. If testing protocol isn't followed properly, the system doesn't work. Braun had the right to appeal. I don't think it means he's innocent or guilty, but he now deserves the benefit of the doubt...
Brewers just got a lot better. (Courtesy Bleacher Report)
It did snow...

Fast Signs made this cutout for us. I look like I'm about to fold sweaters at The Gap. At least I'm not wearing a sweater vest...
Andy is tall.

I went to Gusto Pizza with my wife and in-laws. They ordered before I got there on dinner break. Her parents got an awesome pizza (Spartacus) while Jenny picked one for us I'd never order (Stallion). I may never be over it...
Aphrodite Pizza
Not Spartacus.

No comments: